Georgia HVAC Technician License
Currently, Georgia does not require HVAC technicians to obtain a license.
Georgia HVAC Contractor License
Georgia currently offers two different HVAC contractors’ licenses:
- Class I Air Conditioning (175,000 BTU of heating, 5 tons of cooling)
- Class II Air Conditioning (Unrestricted)
Prerequisites to getting licensed:
- 3 years work experience or equivalent education related to appropriate license
Steps to getting licensed:
- Complete the application found here.
- Pay the exam fee of $133.
- Register and pass the exam. The exam is offered by AMP.
Category: HVAC State Requirements